Engineering Committee Chairman - Karan Kapoor
The engineering committee oversees the activities of the Association relating to the Engineering Council and the registration of members as Chartered Engineers (CEng), Incorporated Engineers (IEng) and Engineering Technicians (EngTech) by:-
- Supporting the professional roles of ACostE members who are registered as CEng, IEng or EngTech.
- Ensuring the ACostE is fully aware of Engineering Council activities and, where appropriate, adopts the requirements of the Engineering Council standards and professional guidance.
- Sponsoring, mentoring and supporting ACostE members through the processes to achieve Engineering Council registration as CEng, IEng or EngTech.
- Supporting Engineering Council registrant members of ACostE in their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities.
- Providing ACostE representatives to serve as Committee Members and to liaise with the Engineering Council..
The Association is a Professional Affiliate of the Engineering Council and has an agreement with the Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE) to enable suitably qualified members of the ACostE to achieve registration, as professional engineers, with the Engineering Council. There are currently thirty members registered as Chartered Engineers and ten members as Incorporated Engineers through the Association. The committee is also actively pursuing registration of members as Engineering Technicians.
Members of the committee are:
- PE Astley CEng FIMechE FACostE
- RM Batten CEng FICE FACostE
- R Dutton CEng AMIChemE MACostE
- N Hibberd CEng MIMechE MACostE
- K Kapoor CEng MSEE MACostE
- HH Malleson CEng CMarEng MIMarE MACostE
- GW Stokes CEng FIChemE FACostE
- M Younger CEng AIMechE MACostE
The committee meets every three to four months and would welcome hearing from other CEng,
IEng or EngTech members of the Association who would be willing to support the work of the
committee. All meetings are currently being held via video conferencing.
The ACostE Council have confirmed that all Association members, including Engineering Council
registrants, are required to practice Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and, to this end,
the Association has adopted the Engineering Council’s mycareerpath® computer based system.
This system has already been adopted by more than thirty other Engineering Institutions and
individual ACostE members are urged to use this to maintain their CPD records. In accordance
with Engineering Council requirements the committee will be randomly sampling the CPD records
of all registrants.
For information on the Engineering Council visit: https://www.engc.org.uk/
For more information about becoming a professional engineer or technician visit the Engineering
Council Professional Registration webpage: http://www.engc.org.uk/professional-registration/