Engineering Committee Chairman - RM Batten
The engineering committee oversees the activities of the Association relating to the Engineering Council and the registration of members as Chartered Engineers (CEng), Incorporated Engineers (IEng) and Engineering Technicians (EngTech) by:-
- Supporting the professional roles of ACostE members who are registered as CEng, IEng or EngTech.
- Ensuring the ACostE is fully aware of Engineering Council activities and, where appropriate, adopts the requirements of the Engineering Council standards and professional guidance.
- Sponsoring, mentoring and supporting ACostE members through the processes to achieve Engineering Council registration as CEng, IEng or EngTech.
- Supporting Engineering Council registrant members of ACostE in their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities.
- Providing ACostE representatives to serve as Engineering Council Liaison Officers and Committee Members.
The committee is also considering the registration of memberes as Engineering Technicians.
Members of the committee are:
- PE Astley CEng FIMechE MACostE
- RM Batten CEng FICE FACostE
- AP Bowyer CEng MCIBSE MSEE MACostE
- FB Cowell CEng MIMechE MACostE
- R Dutton CEng MACostE
- N Hibberd CEng MIMechE MACostE
- K Kapoor CEng MSEE MACostE
- HH Malleson CEng CMarEng MIMarE MACostE
- GW Stokes CEng FIChemE FACostE
Our Engineering Council appointed Liaison Officer is:
- BL Sefton-Smith IEng FIHIE
The committee usually meets three or four times a year on a Tuesday morning at the beginning of a month. We would welcome hearing from other CEng, IEng or EngTech members of the Association who would be willing to support the work of our committee.
The Association is a Professional Affiliate of the Engineering Council and, currently, has an agreement with the Society of Environmental Engineers (SEE) to enable suitably qualified members of the ACostE to achieve registration, as professional engineers, with the Engineering Council. through Joint Membership. Currently thirty four members are registered as Chartered Engineers and nine members as Incorporated Engineers through the Association. Following the most recent 5 Year Review, carried out by the Engineering Council, the Association’s status as a Professional Affiliate was confirmed and renewed for a further 5 years.
The ACostE Council have confirmed that all Association members, including Engineering Council registrants, are required to practice Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and, to this end, the Association has adopted the Engineering Council’s MyCareerPath computer based system. This system has already been adopted by more than thirty other Engineering Institutions and individual ACostE members are urged to use this to maintain their CPD records. In accordance with Engineering Council requirements the committee will be randomly sampling the CPD records of all our registrants.
For information on the Engineering Council visit www.engc.org.uk
For more information about becoming a professional engineer or technician visit these sections on the Engineering Council Website:-
• For Chartered Engineer – www.engc.org.uk/ebook-ceng.aspx
• For Incorporated Engineer – www.engc.org.uk/ebook-ieng.aspx
• For Engineering Technician – www.engc.org.uk/ebook-engtech.aspx