ACostE Organisation Chart Acronyms
- CPD – Continuous Professional Development – The process of maintaining and demonstrating continuous development and learning since first qualifying – in ACostE this means maintaining a record of your learning in Mycareerpath for audit purposes, and is mandatory for all Engineering Council and Accreditation Registrants.
- EMC – The Engineering Manufacturing Committee - a sector group who is providing like-minded members with networking opportunities on Manufacturing sector issues. Also run their own seminars and events.
- IET – Institute for Engineering and Technology – Professional Body for Engineers original mainly electrical and Instrument. MOU in place and the PC Network is a joint initiative , members invited to ACostE Events and vice versa.
- IPE - Inspire Professional Excellence - established early 2018 for early careers professionals from multiple organisations as a network & knowledge sharing members group dedicated to achieving professional excellence in estimating, cost management and project controls.
- RQF - Regulated Qualifications Framework - is a vocational qualification that came into force in 2015 and is designed to offer a simpler system for managing qualifications regulated by Ofqual. It supersedes the NVQs (National Vocational Qualifications) and Qualification and Credit Framework (QCFs).
- SIG – Special Interest Groups – A working Group focusing on best practice and sharing best practice.
- TASC – The Assessment Service Centre a wholly owned subsidiary of ACostE, that specialises in delivering Project Control Professional Competence Assessment and providing Benchmarking, Monitoring & Coaching.